Next, I cut up the vegetables I knew I needed this week - green peppers and green onions for omelets, onions and garlic for cooking, cucumbers for salads and green peppers for snacks with hummus. Doing this saves me time during the week and cleaning up.
Lastly, I was hungry and craving something sweet, so I made the oat scones. This was my first time making these and they have changed my mind on scones forever because they were SO good, not just "good" but VERY good! We are saving what is leftover for breakfast this week or maybe even dessert. I found I didn't need jam with these either. I misread the recipe and used 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon but it was still very good.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 T baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 T melted butter
- 1 T sugar + 1/4 tsp. cinnamon mixed together
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Spray cookie sheet with nonstick spray and form dough into an 8-inch circle, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Spread 1 T melted butter on top.
- Cut dough into triangle sections halfway through OR cut after baking (which is what I did because I missed this step).
- Sprinkle on cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
Credit for recipe: Aspiring Homemaker
Christian Homekeeping © All Rights Reserved.