How it works is, you divide your day up into chunks of things you do. If there are days where things come up, someone gets sick, etc. (and they will!) this chunk clock helps you see a visual of what is important to finish that day, what you can skip and to help you refocus when you get off track. You can listen to the audio on her website, just google the homeschool coach and family chunk clock.
We wanted a catchy funny name for our clock instead of the generic -- Family Chunk Clock, so we came up with "Got Chunks?" LOL!
You may be wondering what is up with the weird names on each chunk. Well, my daughter created each of those names to add some FUN to our chunk clock! Here are the why's of each chunk:
- Snore No More - because we are not morning people and we must stop snoozing
- Moddy Time - She took Mo from Mom and ddy from Buddy (my son’s nickname) to show it was for me and Buddy (Zach) to have time together.
- Hope Lu - She took Ho from homeschool, pe from P.E. and Lu from lunch!
- Kazm Time - Ka from Katie, Z from Zach and M from Mom - since this is our time to do individualized things
- Chep Hour - usually 5-6pm, so an hour and she got Ch from chores and ep from prep (dinner).
- Foing Up - Fo from food (dinner) and ing from Washing (dishes)
- Chee - Ch from church and ee from Free(time)
- Spied - Spi from spiritual and ed from bed
I didn't put every detail in our clock (showers, time with husband, etc.) because I wanted to keep it simple and this is our guide to show us our natural flow and/or routine.
This has already helped Katie KNOW what is next and have a visual of how our day will go. This also is helping me in the same regards and also to have my priorities highlighted, so I don't lose sight of what is important - God, School and Family! It will also make a great conversation piece when friends visit!
Christian Homekeeping © All Rights Reserved.