I can't take anything - no antihistamines, no decongestants, no pain relievers so I've learned things that are really working and helping me do daily things despite this sinus pain/pressure/stuffiness. Here is what I use:
- Echinacea - 3 times a day in liquid tincture form; usually shortens the duration of the cold - I take it with astragalus and there is some sort of instant boost and overall feeling better that lasts for an hour or so
- Astragalus - I was taking this daily and then stopped and now back to taking it since I'm sick - I notice immediate boost after drinking this, it does something lol. Taken 3 times a day.
- Raw Garlic Cloves - currently swallowing 2 a day; its anti-biotic, anti-bacterial and all those other anti's lol.
- Neti-pot - definitely works! Doing this nasal washing about 4 times a day
- Hot washcloth - as hot as my faucet gets, I soak the washcloth and then immediately place it over my forehead, eyes and nose area and hold it there till it starts cooling and then repeat; gives instant pain relief
- Steam bath - I fill my large pot with 8 cups of water and bring to a rolling boil and then remove from heat and put a towel over it and I get under there and let it do its magic! I do about 10 minutes twice a day - it really works for pain relief!!
- Vitamin C - taking 1/4 tsp powdered pure ascorbic acid in 8oz water 2-4 times a day - 10,000mg or more a day when sick
- Apple Cider Vinegar - just tried this for my sinuses last night; 1T in 10oz water 2-3 times a day; it actually did give immediate relief but only lasted a while - seems like I could breath better for a while
- Hot drinks or just Hot water! Also drink lots and lots of water to thin mucous.